Our Latest Updates
ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union Update March 11, 2021
Dear Valued ECU Members,
Last October, we started a new and exciting chapter becoming ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to strengthen our credit union’s cooperative position while enhancing the value of services we have to offer our members, staff and communities.
We have been hard at work to deliver on our promise to you. We are working diligently to offer you market leading products, convenient access to your banking needs and better rates; all designed to help you meet and exceed your financial goals. Over the past few months, we have made many positive changes to fulfill these promises and we are proud to share with you what we have accomplished in this short time:
- We launched a new brand; ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union to recognize our history and move forward to the future;
- We updated our website and mobile app to match our new branding and are currently working on the launch of a refreshed website and mobile app;
- We updated our phone system to provide members with a more user-friendly experience and to provide live telephone banking service through the Member Contact Centre;
- We held a Covid-19 friendly holiday event for children in our communities called “Storytime with Santa” which was a huge success with members;
- We donated $15,000 to various groups throughout the region as part of our “Spirit of Giving” initiative;
- We introduced new mortgage products with low rates and quicker approvals;
- We launched a new auto loan rate of 3.89%, allowing you to transfer your existing auto loan to ECU to reduce your monthly payments.
Currently, our dedicated team is hard at work planning for the conversion of our banking system that will enable us to provide you a better and seamless banking experience. We are eager to announce our new suite of financial products that will be available to our members in early May, 2021. Some of the products will offer the same great features and benefits you are accustomed to but with a new name. We will also be launching new products that offer enhanced features and benefits designed specifically for you. We encourage you to watch for important and exciting updates over the next few months.
In addition to the above, we have secured one new branch location in the Cambridge community and are in the process of securing another new location for the Kitchener community, delivering on our commitment to expand our branch network and our proud ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union brand. We will have more detailed information to share with you in this regard shortly.
As Covid-19 continues to affect our daily lives, the health and safety of our employees, members and communities continues to be a top priority for ECU. We are committed to helping our personal and business members navigate financially through COVID-19 and have implemented many protective measures for those visiting our branches. We thank you for your perseverance, patience and understanding as we work together to ensure the health and safety of our staff, members and communities we serve.
We continue to work diligently to offer you market leading products, convenient access to your banking needs and better rates. We would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support of ECU and our cooperative values. As a credit union, our members and our community are our top priorities; we are consistently working to ensure you are put first. Should you have any questions, please contact us at info@myECU.ca.
President & CEO
WFCU Credit Union
Chair, Board of Directors
WFCU Credit Union